Every year, we survey our parents, students, and faculty to ensure that we're always hearing from the people in the community that matter most and using feedback to get better.
We are excited to share with you results from our Fall 2015 Parent & Student Surveys. Across all Summit schools, we had 65% parent participation and 75% student participation in our surveys! We read each and every one of the responses, as both parent and student feedback have been critical to improving our schools and building the amazing school communities that we have today.
A few highlights about from the surveys are:
- We are proud that 91% of our parents would recommend our schools!
- The top three reasons families stay with Summit are our mentoring program, focus on Habits of Success (i.e., setting & meeting goals, self-awareness, interpersonal skills, ), and our small student body.
- One of our key goals is for parents and faculty to be partners in supporting students and the school, so we are excited that 92% of parents feel that partnership.
- At the core of Summit is a belief that all students can be college & career ready, so it’s important that 92% of students think that all or most of their teachers believe that they can get a good grade if they try, and 89% of students know that they must work hard to get a good grade.
- Students are realizing how their learning applies to college and career, as nearly 80% of students feel they make choices during school that connect to their long-term goals and 85% feel they know how to get help when they need it. These self-directed learning skills and habits are invaluable to success in college, which is why Summit students develop, practice and model these skills daily.